We made this for a farmer’s market this past week, and it got good reviews so I thought I’d share the recipe. We used whole wheat pasta, but traditional would work just as well. I also think traditional pasta stores better if you plan on making it a couple of days ahead or eating it over a few days. These are the vegetables we used, but it’s really up to what you like and what’s in season.
- 1 lb Valentino Pasta
- 3 Cups Seasonal Vegetables, Grilled & Chopped (we used zucchini, green beans & carrots)
- 1 Pint Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Bulb Kohlrabi, julienne
Roasted Garlic Sherry Vinaigrette:
- ½ Cup Garlic Oil
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Sherry Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Roasted & Smashed
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper
- Mix vinaigrette & refrigerate.
- Drop your pasta in salted boiling water.
- Just before pasta is al dente, drain, rinse, & cool.
- Add grilled, chopped vegetables.
- Add kohlrabi & tomatoes.
- Add vinaigrette.
- Mix well & refrigerate 2 hours before serving. BEST SERVED COLD.